the most inferior conduct an eye can do is judge

 

Sept 10, 0727 hrs

I once read a phrase questioning why human has two ears and one mouth. Being surrounded by arrogants, sometime self centred, and little altruist in hospital and how easily I got entertained by watching Simon Sinek, Trevor Noah, Hasan Minaj, Mufti Menk, Yasmin Mogahed, i easily judge people by the way they deliver their thought in sentences.

But why they only have one mouth thou? They speak beautiful language. I think because when you say something, congregate the chosen diction into sentence, and finally decide to vibrate your vocal cords, then the thought is ready to be spoken out and you are responsible for it. its a complete conciouss process

the ears on the other hand, they only receive and perceive and interpret of other peoples’s delivery. The ears are not crawling inside the opponent’s wiring brain and be a part of the thinking process. We need two ears to accept the stimuli and to understand and to patch each other with data they might miss.

This morning I got stuck in a long queue to get out from my housing complex. I left the book I currently read, Maktub by Paulo Coelho. A book was rather boring because he stops doing 'imply', now he 'tells'. I don’t need so much synapse to digest the book. But theres a story about a beggar and a bag of gold that I really like I wanted to post it, but I left the book.

Another book that stays in my car was the jungle books by  kipling, and the opposite of spoiled. I decided to open the book where I left it, where the bookmark divides.  And that was the end of a chapter saying :

 

“ These are the Four that are never content, that have never been filled since the Dews began—Jacala’s mouth, and the glut of the Kite, and hands of Ape, and the Eyes of Man.”

 

Jacala is the crocodile, kite was the bird. I don’t really care about those two. But hands of Ape implies something that struck me (this means kemaruk people is just an analogy of an ape). And of course the eyes of Man.

Why do we have 2 eyes? Beside of the physiological function that I understood back when I was in pre clinical class. We need two eyes to adjust the dimension to wire and give hint to the brain how much distance we need to get to certain object. BUT! Eyes also can be so deceiving. Try to close one eye. The light gets darker, your fingers are closer. I once hit the sidewalk when driving sambil ngucek2 mata. Because my brain processed my surroundings only by one eye.

But so many things we can obtained by using our two eyes. For me, I can see if the patient is in pain by seeing their walking gait. And I can directly assume that she is in labor, lets say. In the contrary, if I believe my eyes too much, I will stop confirming and stop asking further question to the patient, I wont ask "were u in pain?" "When was the pain start?" "Is it pain or pegel or what?" But to communicate is the most fundamental element in resonating ur worry. We need to reach with all senses we have. Not only by our own two eyes. 

I need to sense the contraction by my hand if she is in labor. I need to hear the gritted teeth if she was really in pain. I need her to squeeze my hand so I would understand what shes been through.

Put it in my daily virtual conversation such as whatsapp, text message, email, blog, whatnot. I judge too much. I cannot feel, I cannot smell, I cannot hear, I cannot palpate, i cannot see grimace. So limited source of information to understand a complex human being. How can we communicate effectively, build connections profoundly, having a long lasting relationship or friendship,how can we becoming the real entity for those whos never seen us? How can you believe the beauty of a nature in Instagram? How? Your eyes has cheated on you.

That is why I concluded the most inferior conduct an eye can do is judge. The worse consequences are judge incorrectly.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment