Dont put some one on hold

Sept 21, 2024. 0803 hrs

Mas irsyad and sakha went to bandung this morning. I planned to go with them, had already cancel saturday practice. Yet, PPDS called and reminded me that i actually have ER night shift on saturday and sunday nights. I cancelled the trip, after discussion with husband, yang penting sakha yg di bandung, theyre gonna have kids get together. Effective and efficient.

Ended up in my parents' terrace. My mom n i were discussing this particular blog. She is so irritated on how i didnt put apostrophe as it should. Thinking one day this blog will be a book, i would have 14 (is it? Since 2011 so, 13 years) years of language needs to be corrected

Ive been writing since then 2006. Wow. And finally got the sense to write again, i think i need to thank the paddle guy whos been teaching me to focus on developing. I will have a chapter for him, ive been working on it but it stuck.

The discussion with parents and i was deep and broad. realizing the traits which shaped me, i spend the last 35 years copycatting, absorbing their gestures, i would say i inherit some of papa's grit, less empathy when it come to right or wrong. Theres nothing stands in between, no gray area. And to spread the idealism, he tends to be loud and outspoken. Kadang suka ngajakin org berantem. I saw myself at some similar standing, but not all the time. I like to keep my voice low and observant rather than loud and talkative. It depends on the situation ofcourse.

Mama is more considerate, try to find a right time to explain what i do wrong, prefer to write and measure the word. She is one hella leader, at some moment she runs the house like an office. Very punctual. 

I do a lot of implicite writings, to keep the circle only to those who understands. Apparently thats not how communication works. If u wanna keep the sense of 'dicothomy of a poem' sing it in a song. To write a book, or talk in TED, apparently we need be blunt and clear.

Back to terrace discussion. The whole conversation was about 'dont put some one on hold.'

Started with a lesson of appreciating people. At one moment, my brother,i believe he is at work, as pediatrician resident, which i believe crazy as hell, rejected my call and i throw it up to my mom on how he is being unappreciative. 

The lesson was simple. Try not to be negative on people whos struggling. You simply dont know what theyve been through. Residency was rough and so thus everybody else's life. I would call this moment when they cannot pick up phones and cannot reply urgent messages because they are taking care of a code-blue patient. Perhaps he himself was the patient. Drown in projects, visits, patients, gasping for a little peace. 

This gonna be the last and best closing paragraph. 

But i learned a lot from dr. Ali Sungkar, the wisest, most supportive teacher seantero obgin fkui rscm. He NEVER put the phone on hold. He never let the ring rang for more than 5 sec. Even in a surgery. He always always picked up the phone. He eased somebodys worry by picking up the phone. Dan itu pahala. And if u can be nice, why do u have to postpone for being nice. Again, whos gonna know u have the time to call back? In a split second people can be in highway to heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment