Do you want to be common?



September 13, 2017
Last night, I finally felt the urge to write. About anything, but I just cannot. I have topics to discussed, if not with others, then with myself. Roles as mother, when I realized that I didn’t know how to mother. As a daughter, when I had argument with my mom and dad considering my future and family. As a wife, when little article slapped me, telling me how to be a good serving wife, instead of what I have done now.

I used to have freedom to write, because I stood up my own opinion based on my own background. I used to believe that I cannot be common. I need to be different.
Once I marry my husband, I have deep responsibility to protect his dignity and security. I am too afraid to break the comfort. Once I have a baby, I profusely spend my resource trying to be a good mother without knowing how. Even worse, once I am inside the institution, I am frightened by people’s judgement. 

At first, I thought I was living in the world of ‘no questions asked.’ I cannot be me, I cannot be nice, silent is much better than ideas. Suppressing the idea and no bravery to say opinion has been around within the culture. For some period, I believe that staying calm, down to earth, and keep silent are the key to strive and survive, just go with the flow. But then, what is the purpose of spending 4 years pretending?

But here, today, I saw many role models of being different and disruptive. If I start usual, I will be usual. If we start different, we will end outstanding. Living a life of a doctor, as one said, like putting one leg on the edge of a cliff. At anytime, we can fall and fail. Patients may die, one may be fail, but its how we react toward nature.

Kata mas irsyad, we are in the world of diamond mining. We are surrounded with brilliant and intelligent people. We cannot be just a diamond, kita harus jadi berlian yang loncat-loncat.
Thanks to teh nada and keken to respond my vague thought. Thanks to mas danny and mas adly for telling us that we are not living in ‘that’ dark dark world and mankind are kind.  

1 comment: